For the final stage of your application, Canada Government would request you to submit your passport through their official trusted partner for visa services.
You’d receive an email like this:
Scheduling appointment with VFS
- Print-out of the email
- Passport: Original passport, 1 passport copy (front and back).
- VFS Global consent form: 2 copies signed per person in the application-
- 2 Photographs as per specifications:
Once you get the passports back:
If your application is approved, you are mailed the following:
- Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR)
- Canada permanent residency visa
Note that the visa on the passport is valid until a year of your medical date. That is if your medical exam was taken on September 2, 2018. Your COPR and Canada permanent residency visa on your passport will have an expiry of September 1, 2019.
You need to ensure that you land in Canada before September 1, 2019 to finish the landing requirement and get your Permanent Residency Card.