The latest Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) draw saw 180 Express Entry applicants be invited for Permanent Residency with Comprehensive Ranking Score(CRS) scores as low as 425. This draw took place on July 5.
The applicants who received a Notification of Interest (NOI) will receive an additional 600 CRS points if they choose to go forward with this provincial nomination. They would effectively go ahead and secure Permanent Residency from the government of Canada with their boosted CRS scores.
As with any provincial nomination, these applicants would have to relocate to a city within the designated province for the foreseeable future if the application is successfully processed.
How do you get selected for AINP?
You will need to receive an NOI from Alberta to apply for AINP. There are various factors that come into play when deciding who gets the NOI. Here are a few of them:
As per the official Alberta Provincial Nomination page, you may receive the NOI if:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Minimum CRS score of 300
- Have stated an interest in immigrating to Alberta
The following factors will IMPROVE your odds of receiving NOI:
- Alberta job offer and/or work experience.
- Graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution
- Have family ties to Alberta: parent, child, sibling.
The following factors may REDUCE the odds of receiving NOI:
- Express Entry profile expires in less than 3 months.
- Your listed occupation is part of the following lists: High wage and low wage occupations in the province of Alberta, Refusal to process Labor Market Assessment list or you are working in an occupation that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams.
Looking to move to Canada? Check out the step-by-step guide for setting up your Canada Express Entry profile