Ontario’s first tech draw invited 1,623 Express Entry candidates with tech experience. The draw was held on July 12, 2019 and included candidates with CRS scores ranging from 439 to 459. These candidates are invited for Provincial Nomination for Canadian Permanent Residency,
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program(OINP) announced earlier this month that it would start holding tech draws to meet the growing demand of tech jobs in Ontario.
The NOCs that are eligible for Tech Draws are:
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Computer Engineers (NOC 2147)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer and information system managers (NOC 0213)
For applicants to be considered in tech draw, they would need to have job experience in one of the above-mentioned NOCs and have an Express Entry profile created.
This is an excellent opportunity for tech workers who do not meet the Federal cut-off scores to get on a path to Canadian residency.
Find information on things you need to do before you set up an express entry profile and how to set up an express entry profile.